Crucial MX500 SSD to kick off this year’s CES 2018. A 2TB 2.5-inch and up to 1TB in the M.2 version.
Crucial that is basically owned by Micron, has announced that Crucial is set to launch its new Crucial MX500 SSD to kick off this year’s CES 2018. This new SSD version is enhanced and a M.2 Version is also coming out along with the 2.5 inch version. The new SSD features second generation Micron 3D NAND technology + according to Crucial, is extremely (forty-five times) more energy-efficient than a typical HDDs. It’ll also going to boast sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS that are very good numbers.
“This next generation MX500 SSD features a stackable 64-layer, 256-gigabit component. Micron’s floating gate NAND is designed with CMOS Under the Array (CUA), which allows us to minimise the footprint of the die. At 59 square millimeters, it’s among the world’s smallest 256-gigabit die,” said Jon Tanguy, Crucial Senior SSD Product Engineer.
“Our engineering team has incorporated this leading-edge NAND technology in an SSD that includes all the advanced features Crucial customers have come to expect to keep their data safe.”
The MX500 will be available in capacities up to 2TB in the 2.5-inch form factor and up to 1TB in the M.2 version. The 1Tb 2.5-inch version of the MX500 is available for immediate purchase at Crucial.com, while the MX500 M.2 version will be available in Q1’18.
“We’re excited about our next generation of SSD drives and the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with them,” said Jonathan Weech, Crucial Senior SSD Product Manager.
“Users can rest assured that their data, family videos, travel photos, music, and other important documents are stored safely on the MX500.”
The new MX500 will support:
- Hardware-based encryption to keep personal files and confidential data secure.
- Dynamic Write Acceleration for faster saves and file transfers.
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity to avoid unintended data loss when the power unexpectedly goes out.
- Exclusive Data Defence to prevent files from becoming corrupted and unusable.
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND to protect data at the component level.
tags: Technologies, mu, Micron, ces, ces2018, crucial, micron ssd, crucial ssd, new mx500, mx500 m.2, mx500 2tb, mx500 2018
CONTACTS DETAILS &FOR MORE INFO:
Latest posts by Mohsen Daemi (see all)
- AMD’s Impressive PB2 On New Ryzen+VEGA (APUs) Raven Ridge Details, Price, Specs - January 22, 2018
- ‘Hunt: Showdown’ Alpha Sign-Ups Opens - January 21, 2018
- The Razer Phone 2, Next gen Smartphone By Razer, September 2018 | Rumored - January 21, 2018